St. Michael’s College Past Pupils Union is saddened and appalled to learn of the abuse of boys by Spiritan priests and other individuals in positions of authority at the order’s schools. We wish to express our solidarity with, and sympathy for, any and all past pupils who may have been abused.
We recognise that, as well as the trauma of having suffered abuse in the past, the recent revelations and public exposure must be profoundly upsetting and re-traumatising.
We encourage anyone who may have been affected by such abuse to seek the appropriate advice and assistance without hesitation and with the full support of your fellow past pupils and teachers. If your union can assist on a confidential basis with you accessing such supports please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, we would direct you to the following links that may provide you with alternatives should you wish to avail of them:
Cases pre-1999 when Holy Ghost Order/Spiritans managed schools to –
- Spiritan Order: https://spiritan.ie/safeguarding/ Spiritan Safeguarding Office. Liam Lally (0868312987) Liam.email@example.com
Other Points of Contact –
- Local Garda Station: http://www.garda.ie/Stations/Default.aspx
- Tusla: The Child and Family Agency https://www.tusla.ie/services/
- One In Four: One in Four supports people who have experienced sexual violence during childhood. http://oneinfour.ie/ 01 662 4070
- Restorative Justice Programme for Spiritan Abuse Survivors: Facilitator Tim Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org